By Nakshatra Gujrati
1. The English section may consist of passages of approximately 450 words.
2. English passages must be solved in this way
The first two lines of the passage will give you a topic about which passage is
trying to elaborate.
The first paragraph will give you an idea about what the author is trying
The next paragraph will contain some more details about to idea or
sometimes the final idea will be at the last.
3. To divide the passage as above mentioned one is advised to practice a lot
more than they are doing now.
4. Sources for building good comprehension: The Hindu open page, Indian
express explained. Novels like president is missing, A people’s
constitution, Sherlock Holmes.
5. Give at least 3 sectional tests a week.
1. The section may consist of approximately 450 words passages
2. In legal Section the approach for the passage must be to find the rules
which are mentioned in the passage. Just for example there is a passage
on section 124A, neglect the information which doesn’t bear an impact on
your questions and just try to find the rule that is 124A sedition is an
offense i.e is to incite a revolution against govt.
3. After reading the passage read questions very carefully and then decide
what must be the answer, then only move towards the options.
4. Sources for Legal section. Livelaw, Indian express, Bar and bench
5. Give at least 4 sectional tests a week.\
1. The section may consist of 300 words passages.
2. The CR section IS THE MOST EASY SECTION TO TACKLE, identify
the topic about author is talking and what is the opinion of the author on
that topic is the main idea. Example. iPhones are a huge hit in the
market(Topic), iPhones are overrated with no substantial reason, whereas
Samsung has brought innovative designs it must lead the market(Main
3. After reading passage you must clear on what main idea is and what supporting details are.
4. Sources for CR section, The Hindu Open page, Arun Sharma, CR by
Anne Thompson. Gmat club .com
5. Give at least 3 sectional tests per week.